Boxing Korrasami. Got the idea after I saw this reference photos of two boxing ladies. the hardest part of this was drawing Asami’s face. x_x
Anyways , hope you dig this weird rendition of Korrasami.
Sadly a lot of them are one shots, but there’s a few longer ones. A lot of yuri manga is tragically too short and I’m always left wanting more. D:
After some struggles with myself, I ended up putting stories about college aged women so long as it’s not “innocent school life” heavy.
- Love my Life (this one has a movie. A uni student coming out to her father and finding that her parents were both queer as well.)
- Indigo Blue (A novelist caught between feelings for her boyfriend but also her feelings for another woman.)
- Free Soul (22 year old aspiring manga artist writing a manga about a black jazz singer. Artist falls for a trumpeter of a jazz band.)
- Sweet Lovin Baby (A young woman befriends a lesbian couple and falls for them. With three other short stories.)
- Conditions for Paradise- An OL in love with a world hopping freelance journalist
- We’re Aiming for Love Now (Journalist and a cutie in a cosplay store)
- Happy Picture Diary - (REALLY FUNNY. An social worker and an editor’s daily life together. All chibi but with some really real lesbian life jokes)
- Off-Time (an aging lesbian short one shot)
- 20-Year-Old Girl x 30-Year-Old Maiden- (one shot, a 30 year old sensitive about her age with a 20 year old woman in her art class)
- Princess of the Stars- (short- almost didn’t make it b/c high school flashbacks but it’s college roomies and it’s short and sweet- and challenges that “girls experiment with girls in high school then grow out of it” thing that people in Japan sometimes think)
- Ohana Holoholo: Torino Shino (Saya lives with her bisexual former girlfriend and her son. Nico, an actor living up stairs and a close friend, drops by for a visit almost everyday. Somewhat like family, and somewhat not, a story about their lives)
- My Unique Day-Sakamoto Mano (women in an acting troupe together. one shot)
- Abracadabra- Tanaka Minoru (a magician and a cute girl dealing with confessing to a girl for the first time)
- Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep- Mizutani Fuka (two women with the same name meet. Warnings for self harm)
- Cirque Arachne: Saida Nika (Two women working in the circus in a trapeze act. Stellar cute.)
- Maple Love- Otsu Hiyori (meeting in college; really cute)
Two that I recommend but are set apart from the others because one is written by a man and one is written with the male audience in mind respectively
- Kusari ha mou iranai- Uso Kurata; two Office ladies
- Octave- Akiyama Haru (seinen manga; a talent manager and a songwriter)
This is by no means an exhaustive list and I know there’s more (one particularly that I wanted to put on here but couldn’t remember the title of) so feel free to add on your favorite adult queer lady manga to the list!
Warning: Free Soul has a heavy odor of fetishism of black bodies by the main character, as well as tones of anti-blackness, and I’m only in chapter 2 and doubt I will reading much further.
I really should not have expected much from Japanese manga artists but I did and I was disappointed that someone went to the whole trouble to draw a whole manga about their little fetish.
Reblogging for the warning. This was one of the ones that I haven’t read all the way through and I almost didn’t put on the list because I was worried about that vibe I got in the beginning as well.
Now with warning.
Opening Ceremony S/S 2014
photos by Bob Jeusette
"you can’t ship that, that character has canon interaction with the opposite sex"
China’s Hui Muslim women during Ramadan
The Muslim Hui are an ethnic minority granted significant autonomy and allowed to devoutly follow their religion in a region where Islam thrives. As part of a tradition dating back to the late 19th century and unique to China’s 10 million Hui Muslims, hundreds of female Imams lead all-female congregations in the women’s only mosques of northwest China.
Photographed by Kevin Frayer (x)
The martial arts choreography in this scene was UNREAL
I mean look at the brother giving punches like boxing champs and Lin’s shock power hand technique which is totally a Southern Praying Mantis move!
Google has had some stunning logos over the years, but this one is a showstopper.
I really really love this.
anybody else think of avatar?
Long ago, the websites lived together in harmony…
Then everything changed when Windows Vista attacked!
Only Google, Master of All Search Engines could stop it.
But when the internet needed it most, Google vanished.
Years passed, and a new Search Engine was discovered, a Search Engine named Bing.
And Bing couldn’t search for shit. Everyone died.
And Bing couldn’t search for shit. Everyone died.
As soon as I learned Nicki Minaj voiced Sugilite, I had to
I know I said you could use wikipedia as your reference, but if you’re gonna copy and paste something to pass as your own you should probably remove the hyperlinks.
Physicist Chien-shiung Wu and her team’s experiments confirmed the theory of sub-atomic behavior known as “weak interaction.” #groundbreaker
"In a lot of ways Piper was my Trojan Horse. You’re not going to go into a network and sell a show on really fascinating tales of black women, and Latina women, and old women and criminals. But if you take this white girl, this sort of fish out of water, and you follow her in, you can then expand your world and tell all of those other stories. But it’s a hard sell to just go in and try to sell those stories initially. The girl next door, the cool blonde, is a very easy access point, and it’s relatable for a lot of audiences and a lot of networks looking for a certain demographic. It’s useful."
Jenji Kohan, Orange is the New Black show creator
even the show writers know that piper isnt as interesting
Japanese Animation moms.
Via @tastufumi_itoh : https://mobile.twitter.com/Tastufumi_Itoh/status/487834718491009026